I hope everyone is enjoying this month's book for book club. Here are some questions for you to think about:
- How did you feel about the sections written from the perspectives of Elisabeth and Frannie? Did they add to your enjoyment of the book, or would you have preferred to have it written entirely from Alice's point of view?
- Alice is shocked by many transformations—her gym-toned body, her clothes, her house. Are you more or less polished than you were a decade ago? And do you think there's any deeper significance to such change?
- Do you think it was unavoidable that Elisabeth and Alice had grown apart, because of the tension caused by Elisabeth's infertility versus Alice's growing family? Or do you think their rift had more to do with the kind of people both of them had become?
- If you were to write a letter to your future self to be opened in ten years, what would you say?
- The film rights to the book have been sold to Fox 2000—who do you think would be good in the lead roles?
Don’t forget the meeting in on Thursday 25th September. Please let me know if you’re unable to make it.